A BETTER FUTURE
“We don’t inherit the world from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children.”
Native American proverb
Charlie’s Fine Food Co (otherwise known as Charlie’s) is a proudly Australian, family-owned, and operated business. At Charlie’s, we recognise that our business has a corporate social responsibility to enhance the environment and promote the long-term sustainability of the food production industry. We see protecting the environment as part of our core values and we aim to inspire our staff, vendors, and clients to do the same.
At Charlie’s, we are committed to the following actions:
- Understanding and managing our environmental risks to minimise and, where possible, eliminate those risks,
- Ensuring the protection of the environment is at the forefront of Charlie’s investment and corporate strategies, procurement, and the products/services we offer,
- Actively working to minimise pollution, manage waste streams and address relevant biodiversity issues,
- Engaging with our customers, employees, and stakeholders on relevant environmental issues,
- Transparently report on our environmental performance, including objectives and targets, and communicate our policies and practices to interested and approved parties,
- Provide all employees with the necessary training and education to meet our objectives,
- Comply and, where possible, exceed all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
The environmental landscape is changing, and sustainability is a responsibility we all share. Charlie’s is committed to implementing meaningful and sustainable business practices to reduce our environmental footprint across every aspect of manufacturing, right through to packaging and delivery.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle:
Charlie’s is committed to the holistic reduction of waste. Where possible, Charlie’s will incorporate the use of biodegradable/ recyclable products across our supply chain. We endeavour to create awareness and collaborate solely with like-minded businesses with a similar ethos.