Our Action Plan
UPDATED 1 MARCH 2021
The health and safety of our staff, customers, and suppliers is of paramount importance to Charlie’s Fine Food Co.
We are a proudly owned, family-run, Australian manufacturer that believes it is our responsibility to play our part in the control of Covid 19.
As a food manufacturer BRC, Food Safety, and OH&S plans are at the core of our business. These operational plans remain are in force to the highest standard. Further, we have implemented a COVIDSafe Plan to meet the current Victorian Government’s State Restrictions. This plan includes the following actions:
Face to Face Meetings:
Only face-to-face meetings that are required for the ongoing operation of our business are scheduled. This applies to both the Bakery and Head Office. Only approved employees may enter any of our premises and essential services such as logistics partners or supply deliveries are required to follow a personal sanitation process before entering our loading docks. Where possible Team Members are working from home to ensure our customer relationships and company services are maintained during this period.
Bakery & Head Office:
The below actions are included in our current COVIDSafe Plan
- Clear guidance on the personal responsibility and actions team members must take outside of the workplace
- Clearly mandated reporting process for any employee who suspects they have symptoms of Covid-19
- Clearly mandated action plan should an employee present with symptoms of Covid-19
- Cross-training of team members to cover various roles as we manage ever-changing operating capacity
- Working with our teams to minimize personal contact within the Bakery and Head Office
- Limits on public access to our bakery, warehouse, shop front, and office
- Wearing masks at all times by all staff if social distancing is not possible
- Flexibility in work practice to permit those that can work from home, should
- Hand sanitising stations have been set up throughout the premises
- Production and Warehouse staff are being temperature checked at the commencement of their shifts and are wearing additional PPE
- All surfaces are being cleaned and sanitised throughout the day
- We are still accepting cash in our store in Bentleigh East but in the interest of keeping our staff safe, we’d prefer payment by card/EFTPOS where possible
It is critical that we all follow and/or implement the Victorian Government’s advice in response to this pandemic. We have implemented regular COVIDSafe Team Briefing meeting to review assess requirements of the latest information; address internal challenges arising from the restrictions; review daily operations to meet the shifting demand in our sector and ensure the mental wellbeing of our team members. These meetings are headed up by the business owners in conjunction with Ian Savage, our Food Safety, QA, and OH&S Manager.
Finally, we would like to offer our sincere thoughts to the numerous customers whose businesses have been so severely impacted by Covid 19
Jacky Magid & Ken Mahlab