As if Mish Mash Cookies couldn’t get any more delicious! Get the kids involved with this easy to make dessert with an epic twist. Recipe from our friend @ellasplaybakes.
- 500ml thickened cream
- 1 pkt Charlie’s Rainbow Galaxy Mish Mash Cookies
- 400g dark chocolate
To decorate (optional)
- 3 X Charlie’s Early Riser Mish Mash Cookies
- Green food colouring
- Beat 400ml of the cream with an electric beater until firm peaks form.
- Spread some cream in the shape of a log on a serving platter. Spread a cookie with approximately 2 tbsp of cream and stand upright in the cream on the platter.
- Spread a second cookie with cream and place it next to the first cookie, sandwiching them together. Continue layering with cream mixture and remaining cookies until you complete the log.
- Cover the entire log in cream and smooth. Pop in the fridge to give the cookies time to absorb the cream’s liquid – minimum 6 hours, but better overnight.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and transfer to heat proof bowl. Heat the remaining 100ml of cream in a small saucepan until simmering and pour over chocolate. Leave for a couple of minutes to melt the chocolate and stir until smooth. Working quickly but carefully, cover the log with chocolate mixture. Using a knife, add texture to the chocolate to make it look like a log.
Process the Early Riser Cookies with a drop of green food colouring until mostly fine crumbs. Sprinkle over the log to create moss. Decorate however you like!