What’s better than an indulgent home baked brownie? One filled with ice-cream covered in sprinkles. This decadent recipe is a favourite with our kids and tasty warm or cold.
Makes 8-10 brownies
- 170g unsalted butter
- 170g dark baking chocolate
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 25g cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 200g gluten free flour
- 50g almond meal, extra fine
- 1 cup choc chips of choice (or a mixture of many!)
- Pre heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a rectangle or square tray (approx 20cmx20cm).
- Melt unsalted butter and dark baking chocolate together over a Bain Marie or in microwave (in 30 second increments).
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add in caster sugar and whisk together.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in sifted cocoa powder until smooth.
- Whisk in baking powder, almond meal and gluten free flour ( be careful not to overmix, stir until just combined).
- Fold through chocolate chips.
- Pour into lined baking tray and place in over for 18 minutes or until cooked. Centre of brownie should slightly wobble when removed from oven.
- Set aside to cool and then serve either warm or room temp! Enjoy!