Vegetable Salad with Cheese Bites
This delicious recipe is perfect for any season — serve warm or cold! This recipe was shared with us from a foodie friend in NZ.
Recipe shared by @ashley_pellizzaro
2 cups mixed leaves
¼ cauliflower, chopped and roasted in olive oil
½ sweet potato, chopped into cubes and roasted in olive oil
½ zucchini, chopped into cubes and roasted in olive oil
½ cup mushrooms, sauteed
1 cup green beans, chopped in half and sauteed
¼ cup shaved parmesan
½ cup Charlie’s Mini Cheese Bites Three Cheese
Optional protein can be added to salad **
1 cup fresh basil
1 TBSP dijon mustard
1 TSP lemon zest
3 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
2 TBSP lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line an oven baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Prepare your cauliflower, sweet potato and zucchini by chopping them ready for roasting.
- Place vegetables on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- On the stove on medium heat, drizzle olive oil into a medium pan and once heated, add in the mushrooms. Cook stirring until they halve in size, and then add the green beans to the pan cooking for 5 minutes or until vegetables are sautéed.
- Whilst vegetables are finishing roasting, prepare the dressing by blitzing it all together until smooth.
- Prepare mixed leaves by rinsing them, and then place into two bowls.
- Once vegetables are roasted, top leaves with the assortment of roasted and sautéed vegetables.
- Drizzle dressing on salad and top with crushed Charlie’s Mini Cheese Bites and optional protein if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!